Friday, May 18, 2007

Success

It's been a while since I posted here. In fact, it's been a while since I've blogged much at all. Let me say that I love blogging and writing, but the fact that I've slowed down points to a success with my ADHD medication.

Lately I've been able to focus on work and family and things in life that are important and require attention. I believe this has everything to do with being properly treated for a condition that has affected my life for many years. Now I don't want to say anything that sounds like I am looking for some sort of a crutch... I am definitely not. Truth be told, however, I'm finding that I'm so much better able to organize life and work and balance things that are important that I spend less time in aimless activities.

I love aimless, absent-mindedness as much as anyone, but it's not a good trait in a father who is trying to support a family. ADHD medication doesn't make you smarter or less lazy or a better person. It simply makes it easier for me to eliminate all the personality quirks that lead to severe and constant distraction. If accepting a diagnosis and seeking treatment for it means that I am better able to spend dedicated time with my family and earning the money that my employer pays me (also for my family), then I think I have a responsibility to go with it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Bonjour

It is my first time here. I just wanted to say hi!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.